Tuesday 6 May 2014

FAQS!

HEY!

I am just back home, after a tiring first day at work. I am in Russia right now, Placed in Moscow city. And here's a quick FAQs that needs answering before you read more! 



1. WHAT IS IT THAT I AM DOING IN RUSSIA?

 - I am here on a summer internship. I decided not to sit at home , or travel with family to Rome but instead I had decided to do something constructive instead. I decided to apply for a course-related internship. I was open to both Indian and International internship. I came across this really interesting project called FLY(Financial literacy for youth) that was based in moscow. And my first thought was, 'Why not?'.  I decided to go ahead, and thats how, here I am teaching young russians about Financial system and also doing my bit and teaching them about Indian culture.


2. HOW DID YOU GET SELECTED?

- I snagged this project with the help of this youth-run organization called, AIESEC. The team-leader there called Karthik, he connected me to Victoria who was the project leader of FLY. I had to go through rigorous selection process, which included sending my CV and an introduction video and finally! I got to have my Skype interview with Victoria. She was really sweet and once she was satisfied with my interview,  I was one of the only 3 interns selected.


3.  WHAT IS YOUR INTERNSHIP ALL ABOUT?

- My internship involves teaching, and interacting with Russians and help them improve their proficiency in English and as well as Finance. I have to teach 7th - 9th grade about general and specific topics of finance. (Oh, if only my finance teachers could see me now! They'd be so surprised :P)


4. WHO ARE YOU DOING THIS TRIP WITH?

- Many of you may already know her, or have heard about her but to all those who don't know.. i am traveling with Zara. 
Zara is my best friend! We were roommates for two years, and now she studies in Christ college and me in Mount carmel college. 
We are doing different projects, she is teaching kindergarten kids here . 


Thats us, when we landed at the Domodedovo Airport. :D


5. WHY MOSCOW?

- It is because of many reasons, actually! Firstly because we were getting both a finance and as well as psychology project here. Plus, we have heard SO much about Russia ( Ra..Ra..Rasputin :P) but it still is such a mysterious and not very visited, or understood country. Plus, I loved the idea of being in a country where there would be major barriers like language and food. That'd make this experience more enriching, I reasoned. Plus, russians are not really very friendly towards strangers! So thats another interesting area . 

6. IS IT EXPENSIVE? 

- Like duh!!! They say Moscow is the most expensive city, for a reason you know . Sigh, about this! Another blogpost! But yes, we are managing somehowwww. 

No comments:

Post a Comment